Tub and Fittings Care and Maintenance
The high gloss acrylic and painted surfaces are very simple to maintain. To clean the exterior, just wipe with a soft damp cloth. For interior cleaning, we recommend a hot, damp soapy soft cloth, we don't recommend anything abrasive. Never use bleach, ammonia or any scouring powders on either the tub or the fittings, these will cause damage.
For serious stains inside your tub, we recommend a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge pad.
Umber Washed Sliver Leaf Finish.
1. Sand down the exterior surface of the tub.
2. Apply two coats of primer.
3. Prepare the primer and attach 5" squares of faux silver leaf to the surface. This is a very time consuming task and requires a high degree of skill.
4. At this stage, the tub appears like a pure silver.
5. Since the pure silver leaf is quite overpowering, we finish the surface by washing it with Burnt Umber. The burnt umber slightly alters to appearance of the leaf presenting a much warmer feel and almost golden hue.
6. After allowing a few days curing time and to protect the leaf finish, we apply four coats of a high grade clear lacquer.
7. We then wet sand any imperfections and polish before shipping.
8. This artisan hand finished exterior is not intended to appear perfect. Leaf square join lines can be seen and while they are not simply applied at random, they can be and often are, uneven. The umber wash can be slightly darker and lighter in place.
9. The final result is a beautiful, one of a kind exterior with fabulous character and a very warm appearance.